Providing Executive Protection Course Details
7-Days, 100 Plus Hours
Providing Executive Protection Program has been
running continuously for 34 years
This training program offers seven (7) intensive days of more than 100 hours of instruction, with a minimum of theory and an emphasis on practical hands-on learning and realistic exercises. Each student participates in learning sophisticated, innovative skills and techniques pertaining to personal performance on protective assignments.
Every Student Will:
- ACTUALLY PERFORM a protective assignment with a principal in a real world environment.
- PREPARE for an overnight estate or hotel protection mission.
- DISCUSS career field and business operations in personal protection. What to include and How to prepare and present a professional personal resume.
- BE TAUGHT how to handle paparazzi, media and friendly or agressive approaches from fans.
- OPERATE a provided motor vehicle, employing original defensive, offensive, motorcade and escort driving techniques.
- TAKE PART IN discussing, designing and planning risk management and threat assessment models and procedures for principal protection.
- LEARN emergency medical assistance techniques for attacks or accidents and proper injured party movement methods.
- TRAIN and become familiar with ballistics, chemical agents, protective vests and useful equipment.
- CONDUCT house, office, vehicle and building searches employing state of the art techniques.
- RECEIVE information on new protection technology with wireless alarm systems, and physical security concerns.
- PRACTICE movements, signals, positioning, arrivals and departures in scenarios with principals, featuring one-on-one, two-on-one and team protective scenarios.
- PARTICIPATE in presentations on clandestine explosive devices and learn to locate and identify them on vehicles and in buildings.
- ACQUIRE the principles of orienteering, map reading and movements in emergency situations.
- ACHIEVE a CPR Certification or renewal.
- WORK on advance surveys and escort missions protecting principals in crowds and during actual vehicle movements throughout the area.
- ENGAGE in unarmed Protection Response Tactics (PRT) for close-in protection problems, embarassments and attacks.
- OBTAIN contemporary knowledge about dress, protocol, placement, personal appearance, manners, conduct, dining, etiquette and relationships with others.
- BE CHALLENGED in the development of preventive strategies, countermeasures and operational guidelines.
- CONSIDER legal issues with respect to carrying and use of weapons, deadly force and defensive measures.
- PLANNING and procedures for aircraft and yacht security; crew relationships.
- BE AWARE of specialized protective methods for children, family members, visitors, household staff and in offices, on estates and during recreational activities.
- RECEIVE information on personal health, nutrition, fitness and wellness.
- GAIN knowledge of surveillance and practice counter surveillance techniques.
First Certified Program Offered
Our program is the first and only one being offered to revolutionize the traditional "bodyguard" position to one of PERSONAL PROTECTION SPECIALIST (P.P.S.) . The impact upon the field has been obvious and gratifying. We are the premier program because we establish the standards and continue to improve upon them. The successful completion of this course is now included within many job descriptions for protective positions.
The objectives of our course include the preparation of personal protection specialists to perform their roles with the most contemporary knowledge and resources available; to assist each student to be capable of dealing with threats against, and actual attacks upon, those they are responsible for safeguarding; to inform every participant about their own particular strengths and weaknesses in a variety of skill and knowledge dimensions.
All program participants are screened prior to acceptance and must be mature, team-minded and willing to experience a moderate degree of fatigue while participating in the most acclaimed program available. Age and physical condition has not been a hindrance to students from ages 19 through 68. Individual initiative, self-reliance, and discretionary judgment are continuously emphasized under challenging conditions.
We emphasize close quarter and small team protection with more than 20 instructors to assist.
After graduating from the Executive Protection Institute Providing Executive Protection Program and being accepted into the Nine Lives Associates (NLA) you will awarded the honor of wearing the BLACK CAT logo (lapel pin). NLA members are distinguished over all other industry professionals by wearing the Black CAT lapel pin on the clothing. The CAT is recognized world-wide and numerous high-profile individuals, government officials, corporations and other entities prefer to employee Nine Lives Associate members. They understand the quality training and the extremely high standard represented by the CAT logo.
After acceptance into the Nine Lives Associates you will have access to our NLA Members-Only on-line message board. Positions in the industry are frequently posted for qualified candidates to apply. Many of our members have very successful businesses and are frequently in need of qualified employees. Our members-only on line message board is a valuable tool to find a position or to obtain a highly trained Personal Protection Specialist. It has become a very important and impressive net-working tool for world-wide information in the field.
The value, depth and commitment of the remarkable and unique Nine Lives Associates organization cannot be overstated.
The Nine Lives Associates membership signifies excellence in training, performance, integrity and professionalism and is awarded only to graduates of the Executive Protection Institute’s Providing Executive Protection 7-day, 100 plus hour program and through the instructors evaluation of each student. The honor of wearing the CAT pin, which is recognized world-wide, places you in a unique and desirable professional status.
The experience and expertise of the instructors (20 plus for this course) is unmatched in the industry. Please check the Instructors Bios section of this website for detailed information on their knowledge, proficiency and capabilities.
This is Personal/Executive Protection
as it should be taught…
The Executive Protection Institute’s program “Providing Executive Protection” is the only school that emphasizes personal/executive training. The Institute does not emphasize high-risk tactical training. Students are taught the skills and know-how to perform protective missions with high-profile CEO’s, dignitaries, diplomats, celebrities, and religious leaders. Nine Lives graduates are continually requested internationally and by high-level domestic personnel.
The Executive Protection Institute’s program “Providing Executive Protection” includes all of your lodging – Sunday through Saturday’s conclusion. It also includes two Socials/Banquets (all inclusive), two lunches for remote location days and refreshments.
Before You Decide...
We sincerely encourage you to contact us to discuss your interest in attending our program, and to tell us what your personal concerns are. This program is in a distinct class by itself and cannot be compared to others. Inquire about our references, endorsements, and reputation in this field - from government agencies, major corporations, and previous students.
The faculty for this program offer a multi-dimensional approach to teaching hands-on, one-on-one, and small protection details by bringing their proven expertise into your training sessions. Many have contributed to our textbooks on Providing Executive Protection which are acknowledged as the leading books in the field.
Remember this is not a run, jump, shoot, scream program. Our focus is on providing top professional security with advance planning, style and class.
EPI has been featured in...
We have succeeded in taking thousands of students through our fast-paced, no-nonsense program, which has been featured on radio programs, television presentations, and referenced in many publications, including:
- ABC Television Network
- Aera Magazine - Japan
- Akron Beach Journal
- Beyond the Iran-Contra Crisis - Livingstone & Arnold
- Bottom Line Business
- Canadian Security
- CBS Television Network
- Combat Handguns
- Corporate Security Report
- Countering Terrorism on U.S. Army Installations, TC 19-16
- Dossier Magazine
- Educator Newsletter
- Executive Flight - Canadian General Aviation Magazine
- Forbes Magazine
- Fortune Magazine
- The Handbook for Effective Emergency and Crisis Management -Nudell & Antokol
- Handguns Magazine
- Hotel/Motel Security and Safety Management Digest
- Insight Magazine
- Investors Daily
- Jack Anderson - Syndicated Columnist
- Journal of Security Administration
- Journal of Defense and Diplomacy
- Ladies Home Journal
- Law Enforcement Technology Magazine
- Leaders Magazine
- N.B.C. Television Chicago
- New York Times
- Newsweek Magazine
- Police Career Information Digest
- Prime Target - Bruce L. Danto, M.D.
- Private Security and Police in America - The Hallcrest Report
- Retail Security Management
- Robb Report
- Security - A National Strategy [The Integration of Security in the Public and Private Sector] - Roy L. Jackson
- Security Management Magazine
- Security Magazine
- Security Management Newsletter
- Security System Digest
- Signature - The Magazine of Preferred Living (Diners Club)
- Terrorism and Personal Protection - Brian Jenkins
- The Cult of Counterterrorism - Neil C. Livingstone
- Training Aids Digest
- U.S. News & World Report Magazine
- USA Today
- Wall Street Journal
- Washington Post
- Winchester Star
- You're The Target
- Voice of America
- You're The Target
(includes lodging, two banquets, refreshments and one lunch when on remote location)
See course calendar for specific dates and locations
Register here for this course